Google's corporate philosophy embodies such principles as “you can make money without doing evil” and “work should be a challenge and the challenge should be fun.”
SOCIAL MEDIA JOBS (that didn’t used to exist)
Online Talent Scout
Discovers talent online, matching up creators of obscure YouTube videos with the online divisions of traditional media companies and ad agencies.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Sets up and manages a company’s social networking and bookmarking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Delicious; might write company blog.
Scours social media sites and addresses negative, inaccurate or damaging content about the company.
FACEBOOK EMPLOYEE PERKS
- Cost of breakfast, lunch and dinner for employees at the Palo Alto headquarters: Free
- Additional cost to invite friends to dine: $0
- “Baby cash” payment given to employees who become new parents: $4,000
- Annual daycare reimbursement for employees with kids under 5 years old: $3,000
- Reimbursement on monthly gym fees: 50 percent
- Number of annual sick days: Unlimited